Monday, July 13, 2009

56 Bike Path Again-- Better Route

This was about a 62 mile ride.  Basically the same except a much more direct route down through Mission Valley.  Most of this ride is relatively Studebaker free but it gets annoying toward the end.  I am really sick of going through the Broadway/Gaslamp region.  I guess it is time to suck it up and start climbing out of the valley even after a long day.

The canyons out by the 15 are pretty hot in the summer.  Go figure.  Today, a guy on a TT bike passed me on a climb (no news there) and he was shirtless in short short tri- short/Speedo things.  At the time I was baking in my Dickies shorts and all I could think was, dignity/fashion choices aside,  he was probably more comfortable than I was.  Not in my future, regardless.  Nor fixie kid jean shorts.

better56

No comments:

Post a Comment