Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Route 56 Bike Path

This was a pretty long ride of 65 miles.  Don't use the whole route-- I messed up coming down to the 8 and ended up way too far east and had to poke along Friars where I made some mistakes.  Convoy to Linda Vista is better.  I could have sucked it up and just climbed out of the valley on Texas but I was borderline bonked and headed for Old Town and down Kettner.

The 56 bike path is a little bumpy but pretty nice.  It starts at Carmel Valley Road and El Camino Real and goes east.  I bailed at Black Mountain Road but it keeps going.

Climbing up the mesa at Torrey Pines I got "one little, two little, three little Indians" stuck in my head.  Very annoying, but not as politically incorrect as you think.  I was actually dreaming of Padma Lakshmi.  Still potentially incorrect, but different.

route56

No comments:

Post a Comment